Thursday, March 13, 2008

Author Roxanne Rustand - Wildfire - Free Book

We're back with book 3 in the Snow Canyon Ranch Series--Wildfire. I've read all three books, and you can read my reviews by going to my web site. www.lenanelsondooley.com Click on Newsletter. The reviews are in the March Newsletter.

Welcome back, Roxanne. Why do you write the kind of books you do?

I love writing about the complexities and challenges of relationships--whether intergenerational, or between friends and family. Add that to the fun of laying out a mystery or suspense, coupled with all the conflicts of finding a once-in-a-lifetime relationship, and I figure that nothing could be more enjoyable!

Reading them can be just as enjoyable. Besides when you came to know the Lord, what is the happiest day in your life?

I have three happiest days--the days when our three children were born, and they continue to bless me in countless ways. Nothing makes me happier, or more proud, or more fulfilled, than my children.

How has being published changed your life?

It's a whole lot busier! Deadlines are a way of life, but there's so much more than just writing a book. Trying to complete new proposals, keeping up with promotion efforts, and handling the business part of things takes a lot of time. Teaching online classes, speaking locally, giving workshops, and meeting with other writers takes even more. Writing could be full time, really, but I also love my part-time day job.

What are you reading right now?

Blessed Assurance, by Lyn Cote. It's published by Avon Inspire. Wonderful book!

What is your current work in progress?

Deadly Competition, a book in the Without a Trace series for Love Inspired Suspense, which will be out May, 2009. This series should be great, because the other five authors are really wonderful writers (Margaret Daly, Robin Carroll, Shirlee McCoy, Patricia Davis, and Terri Reed.) I felt honored to have a chance to join them in this series. I can't wait to read their stories!

What would be your dream vacation?

A summer in the Wyoming Rockies with my laptop--just looking at those beautiful mountains. A writer friend spent a vacation in Ireland on horseback, and that sounds really awesome, too.

How do you choose your settings for each book?

I like to choose settings that will lend themselves well to the type of mystery or suspense that I want to write. Really, the right setting can almost become a extra character. My current book, Wildfire, is book #3 in the Snow Canyon Ranch series for Love Inspired Suspense, and is out March, 2008. All three of the books were set just south of the beautiful, rugged Teton Range in the Rockies.

What are your hobbies, besides writing and reading?

I love cooking, and have bookcases overflowing with cookbooks and stacks of cooking magazines. I really enjoy photography, too. But my lifelong love has been horses. I have had horses since I was six years old. There's an old saying, "the outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man" that I think is so true. Just going out to do chores gives me such a sense of contentment!

My husband laughs about my vast collection of cookbooks, because I don't use them much. I just like to read them. What is your most difficult writing obstacle, and how do you overcome it?

Making myself stay productive when not faced with an imminent deadline. I do page progress charts--rather like United Way temperature graphs, and marking off my progress does motivate me to try to do a little more each day.

What advice would you give to a beginning author?

Keep writing until you finish your story! Write at least something EVERY day. Writing bits and pieces here and there, with long intervals of no writing, makes it really hard to achieve a cohesive, strong story. And it's like muscles--the more you exercise, the stronger your muscles become. The more you write, the more easily the words will flow!

Very good advice. Tell us about the featured book.

Wildfire is the third book in the Snow Canyon Ranch series. Each book involves one of the McAllister sisters, who faces unexpected dangers when she comes back to the Rockies to help out their elderly mother, Claire. Claire is a tough, determined widowed rancher who left all of her daughters with emotional scars, and she is none too happy to find them rallying to help her!

How can readers find you on the Internet?


You can find articles, contests, photos, and lots of reviews on my books at www.roxannerustand.com or www.shoutlife.com/roxannerustand. I hope to see you stop by!

So, Readers, go over and see Roxanne's web sites. You'll enjoy them. I did.

Want a free copy of the book? Leave a comment!

There's still time to leave comments on these authors' interviews: Yvonne Ortega, Lisa Harris, Kim Vogel Sawyer, Bryan Davis, Amber Miller.

15 comments:

Stormi said...

I can't wait to read Wildfire, I have read Roxanne's first two in the series and they are great! She is fast becoming one of my fav. authors. Please enter me in the drawing!

Thanks,
Stormi
ladystorm282001 at yahoo dot com

Doreen said...

Wildfire sounds really great! Please enter me into this drawing for the book. Thanks!

Doreen
purposedrivenlife4you (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the interview. My sister loves hoses, too, and has had at least one horse (now many) since she was 13. She's now 60. Would LOVE to win this book! Please enter me.
Kay C.
kayscmalbums at tx dot rr dot com

Ausjenny said...

Please enter me it sounds like a good book to read.

Janet Spaeth said...

Roxanne, the book sounds great--and the cover is incredible! I love the setting, too. It's the kind of story I want to sit on the couch with and spend the weekend just reading!

Please enter me in this drawing!
THanks!

Karin said...

Sounds wonderful-- enjoyed the interview.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the interview and would love to be entered in the drawing to win a free copy of "Wildfire".

Thanks,
Jo
ladijo40(at)aol(dot)com

Hannah said...

i'd love to win a copy of this book!
hsmuda[at]gmail[dot]com thanks!

ChristyJan said...

Wonderful interview.

The Snow Canyon Ranch Series sounds great ~ please enter me to win a copy of Wildfire.

hawkes AT citlink.net

windycindy said...

Hi, What a very interesting lady. I too am proud of my two children! The cover of her book is lovely. The premise of the newest books sound great. I like books about relationships. Please enter me in your drawing. Thanks,Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Lyn Cote said...

Hi, Roxanne is a lovely friend and a fantastic writer. And that cover is outstanding!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I'd love to win this book sounds like a good one.

tetewa said...

This is a good series and I'm looking forward to reading Wildfire. Count me in! tWarner419@aol.com

Donna said...

I would love to win a copy of this book.
runninmama at sbcglobal dot net

Janna said...

Please include me in the drawing - it looks good -

Janna
ryanx6[at]msn[dot]com