Wednesday, January 01, 2014

DESTINY - My Word from the Lord for 2014

One of my best friends is Rita Booth, a missionary to Mexico. We've been friends for a long time. Several years ago, we started asking God for a word for the new year. Some years, we've received the same word. Other times, our words went together to form a more powerful message. And some times, the words didn't connect.

God gave me my word last week. It's DESTINY. You can claim this word for your own this year, if you want to. We are all people of destiny.

In Psalms 139:13-14 (NIV), we find these words:
For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

This is a representation of the DNA helix? When God created us in our mother's wombs, the strands of DNA look like something that was kitted or crocheted. As He spoke our specific DNA into being, He placed within it everything we would need for every year of our lifespan.

And He placed specific things I will need to be a woman, wife, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, and writer and teller of stories this year. He placed the creativity and the words I need for the books I'll write, the screenplay I'll write, my speaking engagements, the people I'll meet and pray for. Everything for the destiny He has planned for me this year.

He also placed the strengths I will need to face the hard times.

But I won't be able to access those things without turning to Him. Leaning on Him and His words I will read in the Bible this year.

I want to access everything He has for me this year. The only way to do that is to abide in Him, listen to His voice, and obey Him.

That's my DESTINY  for 2014.

If you've received a word from Him for 2014, please bless me and my other blog readers by sharing your word with us. We'll all grow and connect through these words.

4 comments:

sm said...

I'm reading more and more blogs with 'word for the year' and it's making me think about mine.
I think it should be OBEY!
It scares me at times to make this my word for 2014 but I will launch out anyway with God's help. A book by Lynn Austin, RETURN TO ME is one of the biggest influences on me choosing this word. When Israel obeyed, God blessed them and visa versa. sharon, CA wileygreen1(at)yahoo(dot)com

Judy said...

My word is Unspeakable. I have been shown that there are things I should keep to myself and not utter them to others. Such as harsh words, unkind words, etc.

Also, Unspeakable can be a rewarding word for me, Unspeakable riches of Christ, Joy Unspeakable and full of Glory, etc.

Blessings!
Judy B judyjohn2004(at)yahoo(dot)com

Lena Nelson Dooley said...

Sharon and Judy,

Thank you for sharing your words with us. I find both of them uplifting and encouraging.

Kelly Blackwell @ Heres My Take On It said...

Thank you for sharing your word. I really need to post mine. Last year I used the word REACH. This year it is SURRENDER. Surrendering my thoughts to His thoughts, both about myself and others, surrendering to our Lord's will and of course to saying yes even when I feel uncomfortable. I imagine SURRENDER will keep me pretty busy. :)