Thursday, January 01, 2015

BLESSINGS FOR YOU IN 2015

Thank you, Dear Readers, for faithfully following my blog. And thank you for telling your friends about it. I love introducing you to lots more new Christian books in 2015. Authors like to come to the blog, because of the interaction they have with you.

I hope your Christmas was merry, and I pray 2015 will be filled with blessings for you.

One of my dearest friends is a missionary, who ministers in many Latin American countries. We've walked together through joyous times and times of grief. We love Jesus passionately, and telling others about Him really floats our boats.

When we talked yesterday, we were trying to remember how many years ago we started asking God for a new word for the new year. We decided is was a lot of years, maybe even a decade or more. Some years, we receive the very same word, and some years our words weave together to have a stronger message. I'm going to share our words with you, and you can claim them for yourselves if you feel led to.

Rita said that God had given her the word DECLARE for 2015. Even yesterday, she was declaring God's promises over her daughter after surgery. So she declared HEALING. She has decided to make a list of at least ten words to declare over people or to people in 2015. Some she's already added to the list are:

HEALTH
JOY
PEACE
PROVISION

Together, we added:

COMFORT

If you feel this is a word for you for this year, you can add to the list as well in the comment section.

My word for the year is different. First, it's actually a phrase--GREEN HOPE.

Romans 15:13 in The Message Bible says:

Oh! May the God of green hope fill you up with joy, fill you up with peace, so that your believing lives, filled with the life-giving energy of the Holy Spirit, will brim over with hope!

The first time I read this verse, it awakened me to the fact that often our hope is weak. Someone may ask you a question, and your answer is, "I hope so,'' as if you don't really believe it will come to pass.

But our God is a God of GREEN HOPE. It's living, strong, active, and growing. That's the kind of hope we must have when we DECLARE His words in our own lives or into the lives of others.

We are walking this road together, and even if we haven't met in person here on earth, someday we'll meet face to face in our heavenly home.

6 comments:

Melanie Backus said...

Thank you for your beautiful post, Lena. I have never chosen a word to live by or be important in my life but you have helped me to want to. The word I am choosing is LIGHT. Whether it be searching for the light at the end of the tunnel or that the heavy burdens you bear become light.....I choose light!

Melanie Backus, TX

Deanna Stevens said...

May the God of green hope fill you up with joy! I like that, thank you for sharing with me today. I appreciate your blog & enjoy visiting... I will be more full of joy this year....

Anonymous said...


Thanks for this scripture Lena. it is really important one to remember. I hope you have a wonderful year ahead of you in 2015. And, hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Maxie > mac262(at)me(dot0com <

Rosanne said...

Yes, Green Hope is a living hope. It's a good phrase to describe it. My word for 2015 is More...more of Jesus, more won for his Kingdom, more of him, less of me.

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Lena :D

Lena Nelson Dooley said...

Melanie, Deanna, Maxie, Rosanne, and Sierra, so glad to hear your words, too. God is so wonderful to speak directly to us.