Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Christmas Ebooks - Lena Nelson Dooley - I Free Book


I’m very excited about the three Christmas ebooks I’ve uploaded to Kindle recently.

The newest is 24 Christmases. This book was 24 years in the making.

In 1985, as I was preparing to order Christmas cards from a Christian supplier, God told me that He had given me the gift of writing, and I should use it to bless people at Christmas. That year, I wrote my first Christmas story. The story of Mary as a dramatic monologue.

Five other monologues—of people who were involved with that event so long ago—followed. Joseph … the innkeeper … Mary’s mother … the youngest shepherd … the servant of a wise man.

The next story was a romance. One year I wrote a modern Christmas fable. Another year, I wrote a short play that was used to take Christmas to two local malls. Other stories contained different perspectives, but one focus—the impact that first Christmas has had on mankind through the ages.

Unfortunately, there were a few scattered years when I didn’t write a Christmas story. Life interfered with my plans

James and I have friends spread across several countries around the world. Many of them have contacted me to tell me how much the stories mean to them. They anxiously await their copy of the Christmas story and make it part of their family’s celebration. What a blessing that is to me.

I pray these stories will bless you as much as you have blessed me.

The picture on the cover of this book was taken in my den a year or two ago.

 If you are the winner of the free book on the blog, you can choose a Microsoft Word copy of 24 Christmases.

The other 2 Christmas ebooks are novellas.

Christmas Confusion
Lori Compton, mayor of Mistletoe, needs ideas for ways to prop up the sagging economy. After having her heart broken by the former pastor, she doesn’t want to spend time with the new pastor. Rev. Russell Brown has plenty of ideas, even one that includes his spending the rest of his life with the beautiful mayor. Will Lori be able to move beyond her hurts and recognize God’s intentions for the future of the town – and for her own future?

If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can borrow a copy of 24 Christmases and Christmas Confusion.

The Best Medicine
When Thomas Stanton shows up at the holiday party of Rose Fletcher’s best friend, his appearance reminds Rose of the infatuation she felt for him when he worked on her father’s ranch. Although her heart wants to continue those long ago feelings, her mind reminds her that he doesn’t share her faith in God. Thomas can’t understand why Rose seems so standoffish. Will it take God’s intervention to show these two people just what He has planned all along?

You can find these books, and several others, by going to my Kindle store page: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=lena+nelson+dooley

Readers, leave a comment to be in a drawing for either a Microsoft Word copy of 24 Christmases or a Kindle or Microsoft Word copy of The Best medicine. Please tell us where you live, at least the state or territory and share one of your favorite Christmas traditions. (Comments containing links may be subject to removal by blog owner.)

Void where prohibited; the odds of winning depend on the number of entrants. Entering the giveaway is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the enterer in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws.

The only notification you’ll receive is the winner post on this blog. So be sure to check back a week from Saturday to see if you won. You will have 4 weeks from the posting of the winners to claim your book.

If you’re reading this on Feedblitz, Facebook, or Amazon, please come to the blog to leave your comment if you want to be included in the drawing. Here’s a link.
Http://lenanelsondooley.blogspot.com

26 comments:

Lane Hill House said...

I would like the copy of 24 Christmases, if I should win! Kathleen ~ Missouri
lanehillhouse[at]centurylink[dot]net

rubynreba said...

I would love a kindle copy of The Best Medicine. You are such a talented writer, Lena.
Beth from IA

Lena Nelson Dooley said...

Kathleen and Beth, thanks for stopping by.

What's your favorite Christmas tradition?

Lyndie Blevins said...

I would love to have 24 christmases for myself.

Right now I could more easily identify my least favorite Christmas tradition that is haunting our family - having some seriously ill during the holidays.

Lyndie Blevins
Duncanville, Tx

Sparks of Ember said...

Hmm, my favorite Christmas tradition - we always have belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast. And when it is time for gift-giving, we open one present at a time and whoever opened the last gift, chooses one from under the tree for the next person.

From the Black Hills of SD!

Lena Nelson Dooley said...

Lyndie, so sorry about serious illness during the holidays. That makes any holiday tough.

LadySaotome, several years ago for quite a few years, everyone came over to our house for Christmas morning and we had waffles with strawberries on them.I don't think we ever added whipped cream.

sharon m. said...

Christmas themes are one of my favorites. sharon, san diego

Mary Preston said...

I applaud your perseverance. I do love Christmas stories.

Mary P

QLD AUSTRALIA

Anne Payne said...

I bought The Best Medicine and look forward to reading it. Christmas stories are such fun!

Lena Nelson Dooley said...

Mary P, thanks for stopping by. I love to see your comments on my blog's posts.

Thank you, Anne, for buying The Best Medicine. Hope you like it a lot.

Sarah Rebekah Richmond said...

I would the one paperback not the ebook if I win.
Enter me!!
Thanks for the giveaway and God Bless!!
Sarah
Blanch,N.C.

Sharon Richmond said...

Enter me for the paperback copy if I win Thanks!!
Sharon Richmond
Blanch,NC.
sharonruth126@gmail.com

Ginger Solomon said...

I just love Christmas stories. You're such a blessing Lena.

Ginger in AL

Lena Nelson Dooley said...

Hi, Sarah, these books don't come in paperback. I will send a Microsoft Word copy of the book to the winner if that person prefers that to an ebook.

Sharon, see my answer to Sarah. That would apply to you as well.

Ginger, it's always nice to see your comments.

Nancee said...

Lena, that's a beautiful testimony as to how you got started in your writing career. I'd love to read 24 Christmases and the others as well. Thank you for your story and this giveaway!
Nancee in Michigan
quiltcat26[at]sbcglobal[dot]net

Amy C said...

My favorite tradition has to be eating my mama's special treats. She is the BEST cook!
Would love a Kindle of Best Medicine.
Amy C
VA

Marimberta said...

24 Christmases would be my choice. I've been getting your blog every day in my email and especially look forward to the authors tips for writers. Great stuff. Gotten lots of great books. One book even reunited me with the author, an old friend!

Lena Nelson Dooley said...

Nancee, God has been good to me.

Amy, I know I really look forward to the goodies we only get at Christmas.

Marimberta, I love having loyal readers of my blog and my books.

sharon m. said...

I like Turkey dinner, stuffing and cranberry sauce best of all. sharon, san diego

Patricia said...

I would love to win The Best Medicine.

Our Christmas Tradition is taking the our kids to see Christmas lights. With each new grandchild that gets to experience this for the first time is a memory to treasure.

Patricia
Piney Woods of East Texas

Lena Nelson Dooley said...

Sharon, our Christmas tradition is for me to make Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas, and we have other Mexican foods to eat with them.

Patricia, we used to do that with the kids. Now each of our children do it with their kids or grandkids. There are lots of places to see lights here in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.

sharon m said...

24 Christmas sounds good; I really like Christmas fiction. sharon, san diego

Lourdes said...

I love Christmas stories. Would be great to win.

Lourdes in Long Island, NY

Shopgirl said...

These both sound great! I love Christmas stories! I'm in MN.

Hannah said...

I would love to win!
Hannah P
CA

Jean said...

Thank You so much for this opportunity!


West Palm Beach, FL