Thursday, July 04, 2013

CELEBRATING FREEDOM THIS JULY 4TH - HAPPY BIRTHDAY U.S.A.

July 4th is the time my family celebrates our country's freedom. We remember just what that freedom costs, so we celebrate those who laid down their lives for it.

We also take time to pray for those we know who are facing sadness and illness.

Another aspect of our celebration is connecting with long-time friends. We will be with one group for a brunch, then another group for swimming and a cookout in the late afternoon. 

I hope you are enjoying your holiday, too. 

Here's my gift to you:



2 comments:

Norma S said...

Lena, i wish you and your family and friends as you are celebrating the birth of the USA a joyous day and a safe one. God bless us all!
Norma

Norma S said...

Hi Lena,
Thank you for the gift of the fireworks they were beautiful! I always love to watch them, but may health has prohibit me from going these last three years! I really miss that! God bless you.
Norma