Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Author Robin Carroll - Free Book

We're back with my friend, Robin Carroll, for the release of her second Love Inspired Suspense, Bayou Corruption.

This is Robin (on the right) and her agent Kelly Mortimer.

Welcome, Robin. Why do you write the kind of books you do?

I love mysteries/suspense. Have since I could read. I grew up reading Trixie Beldon books, then Nancy Drew. I can’t imagine not writing a mystery/suspense.

And you do it so well. Besides when you came to know the Lord, what is the happiest day in your life?

That’s a hard one…so many choices—the day I got married, the day each of my daughters were born, the day I got “the call”….. No, I’ll go with the day the Lord called my husband closer to him.

I know what you mean. That changes everything in your life, too. How has being published changed your life?

Deadlines! LOL Seriously, it’s pretty much the same, just now I have a deadline to turn something in to my editor, not just my crit partners or agent.

What are you reading right now?

Amazing stories by two of my crit partners—Dineen Miller & Ronie Kendig, a craft book on character traits, and Colleen Coble’s Anathema.

What is your current work in progress?

Since I’ve completed the Bayou series, I’m working on the proposal for a new series for Love Inspired Suspense, as well as my single title that placed in the Genesis back in 2006.

What would be your dream vacation?

Back to Jamaica with my hubby—but with my laptop this time.

How do you choose your settings for each book?

That’s easy—because I’m from the south, that’s just who I am…it’s part of me. So no matter what I write, for now, it’ll take place in the south! :D

If you could spend an evening with one person who is currently alive, who would it be and why?

Hmmm….this is a hard one, too! Probably Stephen King because he’s one of my all-time favorite authors and I’d love to see his mind working. A close second would be Robin Williams, because I love to laugh and he cracks me up.

What are your hobbies, besides writing and reading?

Scrapbooking

What is your most difficult writing obstacle, and how do you overcome it?

Getting characters to shut up and let me work on the story I’m writing! LOL I laugh, but it’s true. I normally have to finally stop and open a new document and write a scene that’s flipping in my head so that character will let me finish my story. Then, later, I go back and look at the scene. If the character in that starts messing with me, then I know who to write about next.

What advice would you give to a beginning author?

Someone once told me that being an author is 25% talent, 25% hard work, and 52% perseverance. I’d have to agree. If you’re serious, you can’t give up. No matter the harsh scores, the rejections, the revisions….you have to keep at it.

Tell us about the featured book.

Bayou Corruption is the second book in the bayou series, and focuses on the middle LeBlanc sister, Alyssa. This book was especially interesting to write for me because some of the lessons the character learns are mine. And I couldn’t help falling a little bit in love with my hero, the dashing Jackson Devereaux. Rival newspaper reporters, an attack on a local lawman, and corruptions dating back for decades….it was fun to learn about these characters and plot.

How can readers find you on the Internet?

www.robincaroll.com

Robin, thank you for spending this time with us. I can hardly wait to read the new book.

Readers, want a free copy of the book? Leave a comment. Then check back to see if you won, otherwise we won't know where to mail it.

Don't want to miss any of the interviews? Sign up for FeedBlitz under my profile.

19 comments:

Hannah said...

great interview! i read the first book in the series and loved it! i'd love to win a copy of bayou corruption! hsmuda[at]gmail[dot]com thanks!

Janna said...

I loved the first book in the series, please sign me up!

Janna
ryanx6 at msn dot com

Cherie J said...

I loved the first book of the series so I definitely want to enter for the second one.

cherierjatyahoo.com

The Book Club Network - TBCN said...

This looks good. I really enjoyed the interview. I haven't heard of this author before. Please put me in for the drawing.
Thanks

Donna said...

I can't wait to read it. I'd love to win a copy. runninmama[at]sbcglobal[dot]net

Margo Carmichael said...

I loved the first one, so I'd love to enter. Thanks for the op.

Margo

windycindy said...

I would so enjoy reading this book! Mystery suspense books are definitely my favorite. I am a "Nancy Drew" fan.
Please enter me in this contest.
Thanks,Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Unknown said...

Please enter me in the drawing. I haven't gotten to the first book yet but am looking forward to it and would love to have #2 sitting there waiting when I finish #1.

Melissa
forest_rose[at]yahoo[dot]com

Cheryl Wyatt said...

I don't need to be signed up for the drawing. I have read the book...it's FABULOUS! Chapter twenty-one is worth the purchase price alone.

Just dropping by to say hey to Robin and tell her JOB WELL DONE with BC.

Great pic of you and Kelly!

Hugs,

Cheryl Wyatt

Unknown said...

I can't wait to discover all you have to offer here... Lena you are a blessing.

I just wanted to send you my blogspot... leaving you a comment I have so much to do!

Anonymous said...

I love mystery and suspense. Sounds like a wonderful book.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to win one of her books; I haven't had time to pick any up yet, but hope to do so soon.
carole212@verizon.net

Maureen said...

Very nice interview and this book looks so good.
mce1011[at]aol.com

Anonymous said...

Please sign me up to win Bayou Corruption!

bookwurm70 [at] yahoo [dot] com

sassy2 said...

I would love to get involved in a great story

herblady said...

I enjoyed your interview and would love to read this book. Please enter me in the drawing.

Anonymous said...

wonderful interview. Please enter me in the book drawing.

Jenny said...

The first book in this series is great!!!

Unknown said...

Hey, y'all!

Sorry it took me a while to get by to respond. Internet problems!

I'm thrilled to read so many of you enjoyed Bayou Justice. Shhh...but my hubby, daughter, and sisters think Bayou Corruption is better. I love each of them and had such fun writing all the books in the series that I don't have a favorite right now. Maybe when the series is done!

Thanks, Lena, for hosting me! It's always so much fun to do your interviews~!