Wednesday, January 01, 2020

My Word for 2020 - A New Year and A New Decade

Anticipation

What do you think of when you hear that word? It means looking forward to any event you know is going to happen. Or it can mean looking forward to believe in something new happening. Actually, to me, it means both things.

2019 has been one of the most difficult years our family has experienced. An unexpected tragedy, three months of dealing with Mohs skin cancer surgeries on James, an electrical problem in the hottest part of summer (no air conditioning in Texas in such a time is hard to deal with), my recent bout with horrible food poisoning, family members sick during the holidays. Things like that.

I've never been depressed, but I came close in the first half of the year. It really affected my ability to write, so no new books out this year.

So why would I feel anticipation? Because in every thing that happened, James and I could see God's hand on our lives. Things that shouldn't have happened for us did. We found God in the trenches with us. He loved on us. He lifted us up. He performed miracles. That's the God we love and serve.

My anticipation is for what I know God is going to do for us this year and for what He's going to do that we haven't imagined.

I pray that your relationship with Jesus will grow in depth and width this year and you can experience new miracles in your lives.



P.S. I will have some new information for you very soon. Keep looking for it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

New Years Blessings Lena. May our Good Good Father Bless and keep you in His care.
Merry

Lena Nelson Dooley said...

Thank you, Merry. I pray special blessings on you and yours in this new decade.

Beth Ann Ziarnik said...

So glad you and your dear hubby made it through all that 2019 tossed at you, Lena. And I love your word for 2020--anticipation! So like you as a child of God to adopt that great attitude. Hugs and blessings for 2020!

Lena Nelson Dooley said...

Thank you, Beth. Blessings on your year, too.